Yep, It's Another Blog

Sleeping On The Corner of Lost and Confused.

Saturday, November 11, 2006

My lecture classroom is a sea of facial hair.

I'm supposed to be doing something today, but I can't for the life of me remember what it is. If you know, leave a comment. You can tell it's that time of the year again when everyone stops shaving and bathing. Finals. They're right around the corner and we all realize that our grades stink, so we're fighting to get them up. This spells late nights and lots of coffee. One thing I like about engineering is the lack of competitive streak. In high school we were all fighting each other for rank, but in college we're fighting the professor and TA for the grade. Everyone bands together more too. Like in math class. If you looked up non sequitur in the dictionary, this guy's photo would be next to it. Nothing in his teaching style makes any sense. He spent 40 minutes once teaching every mathematical concept with a monkey trying to feed her children bananas, and when he reached the point, he just trailed off in mid sentence, and we never found out how imaginary numbers are useful in any walk of life. Or even why they exist. The monkey just needed numbers, so she invented some imaginary ones. Lost? Confused? Bewildered? That's how we, the students in a upper division applied mathematics course, feel everyday. Even the TA has this sense to him that in the beginning he knew what was going on, but somewhere the prof just highjacked the course and went A-Wall.

Quote of the week:
"You know, I came back to college so I could 'learn how to build things', not get my ass handed to me by an Alpine Santa (our math prof). But you know what, that's what ended up happening. Stupid me. What was I thinking?"
-Gradate student.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home